Whether it’s the slimy black spots on your shower curtain, the fuzzy white patches on your basement floor, or the slick orange film that forms on your kitchen drain, household mold is more than unsightly. In some cases, mold in your home can make you sick. Here are some signs of mold in your house presented by Boise water damage restoration experts.
- When you have mold growth in your house, often a moldy smell is the only clue that it’s there. Don’t ignore mold smell and inspect your home before any mold problems get worse.
- If you have moisture problem in your house or surface abnormalities like peeling, cracking or bubbling of wallpaper or paint, it is a sign that you could have mold.
- If you have had water leakages, even if you don’t see any signs of damage, mold might be growing in your house where the leak was.
Here are some tips to prevent mold problems in your house:
- When water leaks or spills occur indoors, act quickly. If wet or damp areas are dried within 24 to 48 hours, mold will not grow.
- Clean and repair roof gutters regularly.
- Keep air conditioning drip pans clean. Make sure drain lines are free from obstructions and flow properly.
- Use dehumidifiers and air conditioners, especially in hot, humid climates to reduce moisture in the air.
- Use exhaust fans or open windows whenever cooking, running the dishwasher, dishwashing etc.
This provides information and guidance to home owners and renters on how to find and prevent mold growth. Don’t let mold problem fester when you have water damage cleanup in Boise.